Friday, November 03, 2017

Turfing the diva... yay!

My manager and I had a confidential talk about our troublesome new writer. Before I dive into those details, this writer decided to indicate that she was taking a sick day on Thursday.

Having her away from the office felt good. None of us had to deal with her diva-like tendencies.

My manager indicated that he had spoken to his manager about this writer. They both agreed that she needs to be canned. She has her own agenda, doesn't listen, and is a loose, unproductive cannon.

Her workload won't go back to me. Rather, the other writer who has already taken over a portion of my work will take over her work. Essentially, this writer is my mini-me. She works well and she is okay with taking on my workload, minus the other lead tasks that I do.

That's good. I can continue working on processes and other details.

My boss got word from another colleague that the diva has been saying negative things about both of us. I asked him not to tell me what they were. I don't need to know.

My view is that whenever someone has something negative to say about me, not only is it untrue, but it signals insecurity. The diva gives the impression that she knows everything. She doesn't. Instead, she needs to say horrible things about folks to make her feel better.

She also seems to buy her way to being liked. We recently had a colleague from Brazil visit for three weeks. Although the diva didn't know her, she bought her a parting gift last Friday. Odd.

During her first week, she said that she would buy me a tea. The following week, she did the same thing. She never did. Perhaps she was waiting for me to make the first move. I don't fall for such a trap.

Anyway, my boss is planning to can her either on Friday or Monday. The latter looks more promising. Either way, I feel a weight being lifted.

The diva has been a bad influence on a number of writers. I have noticed this week that as soon as either my boss or I walk into the lunchroom in which she is in, she immediately looks, gets up, and leaves. Ah, such maturity!

The diva is closer to my manager's age. I am wondering whether she feels threatened by someone like me, who is equally as seasoned of a writer, but who is far more competent, be her team lead.

My manager describes her as a poison. I agree. I actually said to him that she is toxic. I avoid toxic folks at all costs.

4 comments:

  1. Oh she sounds totally dreadful. I agree with you about people who are insecure having to say negative things about others in order to feel good about themselves. We have one such person at the main clinic where i dont work and im thankful that i dont have to deal with her. In her case tho, at least she is VERY good at her job as manager. Yuck. Good for u that Dreadful Diva is on the way out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your support, Fondles! I like dreadful diva. The alliteration is nice. =)

      Sadly, dreadful diva isn't liked the person at your main clinic. This diva is horrible at her job. She apparently has more experience than I do, but can't do her job to save her.

      Delete
  2. Woohoo! SO happy for you, CB. You are so right...those toxic people seem to spread their toxicity and negativity. Have a great weekend. :)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cat! I hope that you have a great weekend, too. =)

      Delete