Monday, September 18, 2017

Vegan food festival and jewellery based on the Fibonacci sequence

On Sunday, I drove to see my friend who lives about 1.5 hours to the east from where I live. For some reason, I thought that it would take me two hours.

I went to a vegan food festival. I had perogies that were delicious. I have a weakness for portobello mushrooms. They were amazing.

What blew me away was a vendor who makes and sells jewellery. She makes bracelets and necklaces based on the Fibonacci sequence. I was so blown away. Simply put, the first two beads are similar, but each bead in the sequence is separated by a silver jewel. The next number in the sequence is the sum of the first two. As a result, you get two more beads in addition to separating them by silver jewels, and so on. I loved it.

I told my guy about my jewellery discovery. We both were excited that someone did something creative with math.

We are so geeky. It's one of many reasons why we get along.

2 comments:

  1. I do love perogies and portobello mushrooms so sounds like a yummy festival to visit. Did you get one of the bracelets? If so, are you gonna share a picture? If not, are you going to make one of your own? Hope your interview goes well.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent so much on food that I decided to take her card. I will be buying one of her bracelets online. There weren't any special discounts there, so I am good with a slight delay to purchase my bracelet.

      I haven't made bracelets for a while. I used to weave them, but I have no experience with beads and such. That would be a good winter project!

      Thanks for the good vibes. I am hoping that the interview goes well. I haven't done one in a while as an interviewee!

      Delete