Monday, April 17, 2017

P is for playoff hockey #AtoZchallenge

Years ago, I was a huge hockey fan. It was to the point where I would watch hockey every day, subscribe to NHL GameCentre Live, and go to several live games each hockey season, including playoff rounds.

When I got divorced, I still liked hockey, but lost much of that desire to watch hockey game after game.

I switched cell phone providers last October. I took on a corporate plan that was much more attractive than my old plan. This plan also includes NHL GameCentre Live for free, including playoff games.

I have rekindled my love for watching playoff hockey these days. I also like the idea of saving a ton of money by doing a compromise. I won't go and see live games as often as I used to. Instead, I can watch games from the comfort of my home.

It's all good.

My guy will be the first to admit that he isn't a sports person. He has asked me in the past to explain how baseball works. I like that he confides in me. I don't find that odd at all. I still don't understand how cricket works. He does.

So, I am perfectly content being a homebody and watching hockey games for free. My guy likes that I have adopted some of his frugal ways. He likes calling me his Cheap Bastard wannabe, which is sweet.

2 comments:

  1. Never have cared much for hockey...football is my game...just sometimes have to turn off the TV when they won't listen to me yelling as I can't afford to lose a TV. ;) Happy you get to watch for free, CB. :)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm Canadian, so hockey is practically in my blood. When I lived in Minnesota, I subscribed to DirecTV and got the NHL package. The guy on the phone was trying to get me excited about the NFL package, but I told him that I didn't care!

      A few years after that, I got into football. Still, hockey is my love.

      Glad you still have your TV. Here's hoping that you don't yell so much that your TV reacts... LOL!

      Delete