Monday, April 10, 2017

J stands for jumping out of bed to talk to my guy #AtoZchallenge

My guy and I had talked about meeting on Saturday for some quality time. I was expecting to talk to him. However, things changed a bit.

I tend to sleep in on weekends. I enjoy it more these days, especially when work drains me.

Last Saturday, I woke up briefly at 09:30. I looked at the clock and went back to sleep.

I wear a Fitbit Alta tracker on my wrist. I get notifications whenever my cell phone rings.

I woke up just after 10:00 to my Alta vibrating on my wrist. I looked at my cell phone. It was my guy. I felt like I had jumped out of bed.
"Hey," I said, in a sleepy tone.
"Hey," he replied. "Did I wake you up?"
"Yep," I said.
"Sorry," he apologized.
"It's okay. What's up?" I asked him, trying to snap out of being in snoozyland.
"I was wondering if we could meet for breakfast instead. Unfortunately, I have to pick up my cousin downtown after my course," he explained.
"Okay. Where did you want to meet?" I asked him.
"I can come pick you up," he insisted. "We can have breakfast in your area."
"Okay. Let me think of a place to go," I replied.
"Great. I will start my drive," he said.
My guy was in downtown Toronto. It would take him about forty minutes to drive up to see me. I told him that it was sweet of him to come pick me up. It would also give me time to wake up and look presentable.

Sure enough, he called me once he was outside my house. I came outside and walked over to his car. He looked good in his blue sweater, jeans, and black coat.

We agreed to go to my local Starbucks, which was a five-minute drive away. It feels like my second home, as he knows how much I like frequenting the place. I had to give him turn-by-turn instructions while trying to snap out of sleepy mode. We held hands all the way.

When he parked, I gave him his belated birthday present. Coincidentally, I couldn't find a decent gift bag to fit all his goodies. Instead, I used a Starbucks paper bag.

He thanked me for the gifts and we kissed.
"Woo hoo! Woo hoo!" said the noise coming out of my coat pocket.
"Someone is happy," my guy said, smiling.
"It's my owl LED light on my keychain," I said, pulling it out and demonstrating.
"Woo hoo!"
My guy let me know that he had visited our favourite liquidation place on Friday and it finally had almond beverage in stock.
"I'm glad that it took the place a year to restock," I replied.
"I got you some boxes," he said.
"You're so sweet," I replied. "Oh, no. That means that you are going to upsell and make me pay $30! Stress!"
"I was joking back then. It's free for you, sweetie," he insisted.
"Okay. Thanks!" I said, smiling at him.
"I will bring your gift into Starbucks."
We both got out of the car, he grabbed my hand, and we walked over to Starbucks for breakfast. It was a nice way to start the day.

2 comments:

  1. That's the second best way if ya have to get woke up on a day when you could sleep in, CB. Of course, the best way would be to cuddle up in a nice comfy bed. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. It would have been nice if we were cuddling in my bed. However, it was sweet that he drove all the way to my place to pick me up and have breakfast.

      Delete