Tuesday, April 04, 2017

D is for downstairs seeing my guy #AtoZchallenge

Mondays are typically blah. The countdown for the weekend kicks in immediately.

I tried to keep my work-related stress down. The morning went pretty well, even though I was in three meetings. It's nice that half the day blew by.

I had just finished eating my lunch. I was unwinding by watching a video podcast on my phone. My phone rang. It was my guy.
"Hey!" I exclaimed. "Where are you?"
"Hey, I'm downstairs in the lobby. I am here to fetch my car, but I have some manuals for you," he said.
"You just came in?" I asked him.
"Yes, I had to spend an unexpected couple of days in Frankfurt due to flight delays and cancellations," my guy explained.
"Sorry to hear. I'll come downstairs," I replied.
It was nice seeing him. Although he travelled a fairly good distance to get home, he was happy and in good spirits.
"Do you like my new coat?" he asked me, modelling a grey coat.
"It's woolly!" I exclaimed, caressing the fabric around my guy's chest area.
"It is," he confirmed.
"It suits you. It's the perfect length," I stated.
"I agree," he said.
"It's nice to have the real woolly. I cuddle up next to purple woolly. I love him," I told him, which made him smile.
"Do you hump him?" he teased.
"No, he's a plush! I'd rather hump you," I replied.
He nodded. He obviously approved. It was such a nice pick-me-up to see him.

6 comments:

  1. Awww...what a sweet surprise, CB...hope you two get some treehouse time soon. :)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely thoughtful of him to stop by. Treehouse time will be this weekend, once he has adjusted to our timezone. =)

      Delete
  2. Hello cutibootie! thanks for sharing that with us.
    Good luck for the rest of the challenge!

    Absolutely Amazing Alliteration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Duncan! Thanks for dropping by and saying hi. Hope you have a wonderful rest of the challenge, too. =)

      Delete
    2. It is going very well. I was able to schedule all 26 of my posts so that I can spend more time visiting. How about you?

      Delete
    3. I tend to post every day. So far, so good!

      Delete