Saturday, April 29, 2017

Can I ignore you permanently or just for today?

Sometimes, I can be witty. Other times, I am so focused on doing something that my wit is non-existent.

This short post is thankfully about the former.

The other day, Sharky, the development manager who, according to my guy, has a crush on me, had sent an e-mail to add something into a document. He came over to his locker, which is next to my desk, to get something from it.

I started a conversation about the information that he had just asked me to add. It didn't make sense for a number of reasons.

After he verified that I had a point, we had this brief exchange of words:
"You're right. Just ignore me," he replied.
"Permanently or just for today?" I asked him.
He smiled, likely because he welcomed the attention that I was providing.

My manager sits next to me. He laughed. One of my co-op students sits on the other side of our manager. She laughed, too.

Hey, if you are going to open yourself up to such a zinger, I am taking it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh that was a good one, CB! He did leave himself wide open for that. :)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He most certainly did leave himself open to my zinger. I told my guy about it and he laughed, too.

      Delete