Sunday, February 19, 2017

Watching Fifty Shades Darker again and saving money on plastic bags

On Saturday, I went to see Fifty Shades Darker for the second time at a movie theatre. I can't recall when was the last time that I have seen a movie multiple times at a theatre. It is rare. I love this one.

Seeing a movie that you love over again makes you pick up details that you hadn't before. I can't wait to get my hands on my own copy. This time at the theatre, there were about five people who stayed to watch the credits and get a glimpse of Fifty Shades Freed.

My guy has returned from his travels and is dead tired. We talked briefly. He asked me what I did after the movies. I told him that I went grocery shopping.
"The woman cashing me out asked whether I wanted a plastic bag for five cents. I declined. If I needed two trips to get my groceries to the car to save money on plastic bags, I would. I have plenty of reusable bags in my car's trunk," I explained.
"You are becoming a true Cheap Bastard like me. I am so proud of you," he gushed.
He's tired, but he's not so tired to recognize CB tendencies.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, CB...doesn't matter if I like or dislike a movie...the more I see it, the more nuances I catch. I have a lot of reusable bags in my car...the problem is I usually forget them when I go shopping. LOL Happy your guy is proud of your cheap ways. :)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forget my reusable bags in my car from time to time, which causes me to lug as much of my stuff from the store to my car.

    My guy is funny that way. He can be extremely tired, but frugal habits immediately perks him up. =)

    ReplyDelete