Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Snow, David Bowie, and an afternoon date at Starbucks

It seems like ages since I last wrote. Between dealing with snow at long last and the sad passing of David Bowie, I have neglected blogging for a bit.

I was fortunate to see David Bowie once in Winnipeg. It was an amazing show at the old Winnipeg Arena. It must have been back in 2004. He was an amazing artist and musician. He also loved to read and had a wonderful sense of humour. He will be missed.

My guy is in Montreal for work. He's away for a good two weeks. He promised to buy me bagels. He's such a sweet guy.

We met up on Sunday at Starbucks. He calls it Stealbucks because he finds the prices inflated. However, he ordered a coffee that day, which kept him awake for his entire road trip to Montreal. So, his regard for the store is changing.

He actually arrived at Starbucks before I did. It was different. Normally, I am waiting for him. Anyway, I called him and said that I saw him in the parking lot. We got out of our cars. He walked over to me. We then walked over to the cafe.

He gave me a side hug. He also gave me several lovetaps on my left buttocks I loved that.

He ordered a coffee and a croissant. I had a mint tea with a cinnamon swirl coffee cake. We sat at a table in a quaint little corner of the cafe, laughed, chatted, ate, drank, and held hands. It was nice. He looked good in his new wool coat.
"Can we cuddle for fifteen or twenty minutes?" my guy asked me.
"I'd love to, but you're on a tight driving schedule," I replied.
"It's okay. I have time," he said.
We held hands walking out of Starbucks. It was a nice little date that we went on.

4 comments:

  1. sounds like a nice date even if short. got to grab what you can though I guess.
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yep, we wanted to make the best of what little time we had together on Sunday. It was worth it. =)

      Delete
  2. I agree CB...David Bowie was a uniquely talented performer and you were lucky to be able to attend a performance...I was never that lucky.

    I love the way you and your guy make the most out of whatever time you two have together. Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cat! We do our best to maximize the short time we have together sometimes.

      I have been listening to Bowie's music a lot these days. I agree -- he is a one-of-a-kind performer.

      Delete