Thursday, November 12, 2015

Lunch at our original Chinese restaurant hangout

A couple of Fridays ago, my guy had to leave work early to fight a traffic ticket in court. The court that he had to visit was the same one that I went to when I filed my divorce papers.

My guy called me at 15:30 and asked whether I'd like to do dinner at our old hangout. We used to go to a Chinese restaurant by our old office. Since we moved office locations, our old hangout is too far for us to dash over for lunch. It's a shame, for the food is amazing.

I immediately agreed to meet him there at 16:30. He was driving over there, likely arriving well before I would.

I got to the restaurant at 16:45. Traffic by the airport is horrendous during rush hour.

I parked next to my guy's car. He was reclined in his seat, napping. He looked so sweet. I didn't want to wake him up, but I had to. I tapped the window glass with my nail. He woke up, looking sweet and happy. I wait for a bit, giving him some time to wake up. He eventually opened the car door to say hi. I immediately ran my fingers through his hair. He smiled.

We walked into the restaurant together. Our regular servers immediately recognized and welcomed us without hesitation. They asked how we were. It felt like we had left for a brief period instead of being away for over a year.

I had the lemon chicken. My guy went with the spicy ginger chicken. We have our favourites here. They tasted just the way that we remembered them.

We reminisced while we ate. We also talked about our day. It was good seeing my guy and ending off the week with a date night.

2 comments:

  1. Awww...there is something so special about watching a loved one sleep isn't there CB. I love Lemon Chicken and haven't been able to find any around here...you have just made be so hungry. ;) Hope your guy beat his ticket!

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watching a loved one sleep is special, for sure!

      Sorry for making you so hungry. I absolutely love lemon chicken. If you are ever in Toronto, I can recommend places for you to visit. =)

      Delete