Wednesday, June 24, 2015

X is for xylography

When it comes to such challenges, I have difficulty writing about a topic that begins with the letter x. I actually went to the dictionary and selected a random word.

So, here it is:
Xylography (noun). The art of engraving on wood
I have a couple of wooden paddles. I ordered them a while back on eBay when it had a fetish section. I don't think that it exists these days. I could be wrong. As of late, I tend to browse for paddles on Etsy.

Anyway, I love these paddles. They are sturdy and I end up with a tender backside when they are used on me.

They are simple in shape, but the quality is incredible. The only engraving that appears on them is the creator's initials, which appears as a pretty decoration on the handle.

I have seen paddles that have cute hearts or words engraved on the paddle part. They look nice, but I would be intimidated having such beautiful pieces used on my bare bottom.

To me, they are works of art. I'd rather enjoy them by viewing them. Xylography is a wonderful skill to have. I admire those who are passionate about their craft.

2 comments:

  1. My ex is a carpenter and his work is beautiful. I was lucky that he liked leather better but he did create one padded and carved a heart into it...I had heart shaped bruises on my tush for a week! No...he didn't beat me...I just bruise very easily. My philosophy has always been...wood is no good, leather is better, feathers are best! LOL

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I love your philosophy, Cat. Feathers are wonderful. Less bruising with them, for sure. You don't often hear, "I am going to spank you with a feather duster!" Such a shame! ;)

      Delete