Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Driving my guy to the airport on Monday - part 1

Last Monday was the day that my guy was to fly off to Charlotte, NC on a business trip. I had offered to drive him to the airport, which he accepted. We both like the fact that it gives us time to chat and to send him off on his trip on a good note.

My guy said that he would leave at 11:30 am. I had misinterpreted that fact by thinking that he would get to the office by that time. Instead, he called me just after 09:00. It's a good thing that I tend to get to work on Mondays by 08:30.
"Man, you are early," I said.
"I know," he admitted. "You can still take me across the street, right? If not, I can take a taxi."
"Yes, I can. I will be there in a couple of minutes."
Sure enough, he was parked next to my car and was beginning to transfer his luggage from his car's trunk. It was good to see him. He had a huge smile on his face as our eyes met.

He moved his goods into my car's trunk and we got in my car. I showed him the Magic Mount that I got for my car, which holds your cell phone securely with magnets. To make a long story short, he had debated whether to get the Magic Mount Window for his car. He has a curved cell phone, which doesn't sit flush against the Magic Mount Window. I encouraged him to bend the magnet and knew that my guy was creative enough to do it. He actually took the encouragement to heart and did it. I was impressed and proud of him.

Anyway, he liked the version that I had, but told me that it was his job to get me it. I told him that I still wanted the Magic Mount Window for my GPS, so he could still get me that. He seemed fine with that response. He's like a sweet boy sometimes.

We talked and joked as I drove him to the departures level of the terminal that he needed. I found a decent spot to park. I asked him if I could kiss him. He didn't hesitate and we did. I also got to caress his head. He told me after we unlocked lips that it was the best way to start his day.

We got out of my car and got his belongings from my car's trunk. We hugged. I wished him a safe flight. He told me that he'd call me, he thanked me, and walked into the terminal.

I drove back to work, happy that I got to send him off well. It made my Monday a whole lot better, too.

2 comments:

  1. You must be the prettiest nerd in your big country, girl with the naughty name.
    Magic Mount!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sweet of you to say... thanks! It's funny that Magic Mount is the actual name of the cool product, but it does open up a bunch of sexual innuendos. Technically, my guy is my magic mount! =)

      Delete