Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Phone call about packages and bodies

Last Friday, I worked from home. My guy was at the office, conducting another seminar.

The day before, he told me that his niece was looking for a digital SLR camera. He knew that I wanted to sell my very first DSLR. I have had it for nearly five years and decided to go with a lighter one almost a year ago. He was wondering whether I was still interested in selling mine. I was. In a short period, it was sold.

After work on Friday, at around 17:30, my guy called me on his cell phone. He rarely calls me. When he does, it is either urgent or special. It was both this time.

My guy was driving home. I decided to tease him.
"You're calling me because the chatter on CBC Radio 1 about gnats regurgitating their food is boring you, right?"
"No, that's not it! You make me sound so bad!" he exclaimed.
"You know that I am just teasing you, right?" I said, trying to calm him down a bit.
"I know," he replied. "I just wanted to let you know that my niece absolutely loves the DSLR. She has been taking pictures of everything ever since I gave it to her, so thanks," he said.
"You're welcome. Thank you!"
"She loved everything in the package that you had bundled up," he went on to explain.
"You have a nice package, too," I hinted.
"You're so bad!" he exclaimed again.
"It's true."
We talked a bit longer.
"The good thing about DSLR lenses is that they never go out of style," I explained. "As long as you have a body that fits them, it's all good."
"I agree," he said. "You have a nice body that fits everything."
We get along fine on so many levels.

We wished each other a great weekend and I told him to drive safely home. He's such a sweet guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment