Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Flight, hand-holding, lunch, and chatter

A week ago, my guy got off his flight from India, took a cab across the street to the office, called me from the lobby, and picked me up in front of the door, waiting to drive me to our local hangout for lunch. It was good seeing him again. He looked good, despite the long flight to get here.

I reached for his hand. We held hands as he drove us to the restaurant, chatting and laughing along the way. He has always liked how affectionate I am. He showed me how playful he can be, too.

East Indian food doesn't agree with him. He was thrilled to have Chinese food again. He ordered his favourite dish, eggplant with shrimp. He can eat eggplant all day. I just like how purple it is. I had lemon chicken.

At one point, my guy was talking about something, which made me shake my head in disbelief. He playfully messed up my hair. I liked it. I asked if I could touch his head. He let me caress it. It was nicely shaven.

We caught up with various topics. We laughed. It was a nice outing. I knew that he was tired. I was so happy to see him. He felt the same way about me.

I had forgotten to give him a gift that I had purchased in New Jersey. I had left it in my desk drawer at work. He is old-fashioned to a certain extent. He always feels like the guy should be showing his sweetie with gifts and that I shouldn't feel obligated to give him anything. I simply like showering him with gifts, too.

He was sweet to give me a gift from India. It was a wooden, hand-crafted box with silver elephants all around it. I loved it. He's thoughtful that way.

He told me that I looked cute. I teased him that he was still jet lagged, but I knew that he had meant it. He's sweet.

He was kind to pay for lunch, as he always does. We held hands as he drove me back to the office. I told him to drive safely home. He assured me that we'd keep in touch, as he was working from home for the rest of the week while flipping his biological clock back to Eastern time.

I was relieved to see him. To hear his voice. To touch him. To hold him. To have him back home. It means a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment