Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Not in the mood due to stress

I could tell on Wednesday that my guy wasn't in the mood to have treehouse time. When he is stressed out or is feeling blue, he tends to not want it.

It's understandable. However, the first time that he didn't say anything about his mood or how he was feeling, I didn't know what to make of it. My guy tends to dictate whether we become intimate after work.

It may seem strange that I give him control to decide when we head over to the treehouse. I don't mind it. At work, I have complete control over what tasks I need to complete and I schedule them accordingly. It's nice to have someone else do the scheduling for a change outside of work. I do it by choice and it has worked out well.

It's pretty easy to tell when my guy doesn't feel like having treehouse time. He won't touch my back when he comes to my desk or send me as many text messages. I don't take it personally. I just know that he is preoccupied.

Late on Wednesday night, my guy (MG) sent me a bunch of texts over Skype. I was on the phone, scheduling an appointment to take my car in for servicing.
MG: Hey there
MG: I'm heading out now
MG: I'd like to apologize for not meeting for so long
MG: I'm just not in the mood in the midst of a bunch of things
MG: Hopefully things will clear out soon
MG: Goodnight
We both packed up and headed out the door.

While we walked out together, we talked.
"I can tell when you're not in the mood," I stated. "It's okay."
"You would know better than anyone," he replied.
"I think you can relieve some stress at the gym tonight," I pointed out.
"Yes."
We got down to the ground floor. We talked a bit more.
"I know what it's like to be under a bunch of stress. I'm in that boat right now. Just don't let it bug you," I advised.
"I know," he said, taking a deep breath and then letting it out.
"Our manager isn't the greatest planner. Everything is done at practically the last minute."
My guy and I looked in each other's eyes. All is and will be okay.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck in dealing with stress.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! We are hanging in there. Luckily, our work stress isn't constant these days. =)

      Delete