Sunday, November 04, 2012

Infinite sweetness

My guy is sweet. This week, he has been exceptionally sweet.

We're in a training class together all this week. On Thursday, I had to install new software that we're developing at our workplace. For some reason, I could not run a script using the software. My guy and I were trying to troubleshoot this problem, as this script had worked fine in previous versions. We couldn't figure it out. I wanted to go home and call it a day.

Lunch rolled around. My guy left for a bit. I stayed in the training room to try and troubleshoot. My guy came back and said that he was hungry. He wanted to get something at the local restaurant. I was munching on catered food for this course. He asked me if I wanted anything. I asked for a bowl of chili. It was so thoughtful of him to ask.

Sure enough, he got me some chili with a sourdough roll. It hit the spot and made my day. We then continued our training session.

At the end of the session, my guy looked at my laptop, cables, and water bottle that I was carrying and immediately took my laptop from me. He carried it up to my cubicle. He's quite the catch. I am a lucky girl.

He looked at my outfit that I was wearing. I had a silk-cashmere blue sweater and a tight pair of green khakis on. My sweater had a double v-neck on the front and back. My guy commented that it looked good on me. He has seen me wear it before, but I had only worn it once last winter.

At the end of the day, I told him how exceptionally sweet he was throughout the day and that I wasn't expecting so much sweetness all at once. He told me to have it coded in an infinite loop. Yes, we both are geeky, which is one reason why we get along well.

He makes me feel incredibly special. It does feel like we're in high school sometimes. I don't mind it.

My guy is off to The Hague for a one-week business trip. Just when you think that he has maximized how sweet he can be, he completely proves me wrong. Stay tuned for that post.

No comments:

Post a Comment